Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Segunda Mano: Movie Rant



I had not originally planned on watching this movie because although I like the Kris Aquino+horror movie combo, I felt that the movie might disappoint me. Unfortunately, I had to watch and I was right about the disappointment. 
I got into the cinema, and the showing was continuous so I went in immediately. A quarter of the movie had already passed when I sat in, and after about twenty minutes of watching, I already had a hunch about the ending. Sadly, I was completely right. For most people it may be a good thing, but I had wanted the movie to change my views about it, but it couldn’t.
There was not much I liked in it. In fact, this may be harsh but, the only moment where I had a huge smile on my face was when the cinema was showing the Avengers trailer set to show this year. 
I was completely baffled, because both Kris Aquino and Dingdong Dantes have a good acting repertoire, and yet even their acting seemed to be off in this movie. Kris Aquino’s acting was somewhat too much of an act. And Dingdong Dantes’ is the main reason why I immediately knew what would happen.
The movie, in a nutshell, brought to the audience too many clues. It was giving too much that the only probable bait for the audience is the “shock” factor. That however, did not work on me as well. It may be because I had watched a lot, though not much, horror movies, or it was just too predictable for me that I knew when and where anything would would show up. The acting was exaggerated and was too giving, the script even more so. If they had leveled down a notch on the clues, it might have worked. But it accumulated in a negative way that I was sure of my suspicions about what the end would seem like by the third quarter of the movie. I even knew that Dingdong would show up as a ghost at the end. It was like they had to force another way to shock the audience. And there was just too much redundancy in the movie, that there came a point when I just had to sigh with defeat and discouragement.
I would not recommend this to other people, and I’d probably just tell them to watch at their own risk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment